Saturday, May 3, 2008

The sock stealer... the binky stealer....or both???

Last night and many nights in the last couple months Riley will get up and cry because he no longer has his binky in his month, thus starting the pros and cons of getting your child to use a binky. Anyway as I frantically searched for his binky at 3 in the morning( so as not to wake the little boy downstairs with Riley's crying,sorry Southcott's).It hit me that binky's and socks go to the same place. I use to have 6 binkies now I am down to on one . Same with socks you put them in the dryer together and poof they're gone. I have even gone to the trouble to see if they are there when I switch from the washer to the dryer. Before you know it one sock from a pair is missing never to be seen again. I think the sock stealer gets the same pleasure out of stealing binkies. I can just see him laughing as he holds a couple socks from a pair and 5 of Riley's binkies. How rude!

12 comments:

Nicole Hunt said...

We have had the same pacifier issues. I swear I have bought like 20 of those dang things. It gets expensive to keep up with. I have the kids go under the crib a couple times a week and round up all the stragglers. We found 8 last time. It is Crazy!

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

I am curious...if you could do it again, would you give Riley a binky. I need advice! Should I give my baby a binky or not? what do you suggest?

Michelle C said...

That's hilarious and so true.

Heather said...

You are ingenious! I was just wondering yesterday where all of Lydia's socks have gone! Now I know.

Sherwoods said...

we went through the same thing with zach. it was such a blessing when he could finally put it in himself! then i kept about ten in the crib at a time so he could always find at least one in the middle of the night. it actually worked like a charm once he could do it himself! good luck!

Rach said...

to answer one of ryans questions...

chad calls me Janis, shortend to Jan, or some times Janul. i call him Jim,or Jimul short for Jiminy. there is no rhyme or reason to this...just we are wierd. i can tell hes mad at me if he calls me rachel or rach, my real name. and he knows hes in trouble if i call him chad.

and we got these names prior to the office

Steph said...

I should be home most of the day tomorrow (Tuesday). And I'm home pretty much every evening, so whenever you can stop by I'd love to see you!

Hailey and Daniel said...

You are totally right! I swear I have turned the house upside down looking for lost binkis and they are nowhere to be found! As for the socks, I started washing them in garment bags (the kind for washing panty hose etc,) and we loose a lot less.

The Clews Crew said...

That's hilarious. We also have several socks without their mates. Have no idea where they went.

Miriam Lusk said...

so true. Where the heck do they vanish to?

Darcy said...

I hear ya!! We have the same sock and binky monster at our house too!!! I hate socks! I wish I lived in CA so my kids didn't have to wear socks ever day!

Ford Fam said...

I was just thinking the same thing. I have lost so many of Brynnley's socks and I feel like I just buy more every time I go to the store. I found a binky hidden the other day though, strike gold!