Saturday, September 6, 2008

"hark"

I've decied that when it is too hot or too cold outside Riley and I will walk around the mall(hopefully this doesn't get me into trouble on our bank account). So the other day it was soo hot so we went to the mall. They have a small aquarium and a play area where everything is soft and the most appealing thing about the play area is that there is gate around, so no chasing. So we are strolling along and I see the aquarium. I think to myself Riley might be too young but I will try it out. So I get him out of his stroller and bring him next to the fish tank. He squeals in delight, kicks his feets, moves his hands, and points. I thought I knew my child but apparently not around fish. My mom was there and showing him the sharks. She kept repeating shark and the next thing I know my child is saying "hark, hark". He doesn't stop talking about the 'hark" . So then the next day I went, but was in a hurry so I took him on the opposite side of the mall thinking that there was no way that he could see the aqaurium. The next thing I know my son is kicking his feet, clapping his hands, saying whooo hark, whoooo. I about dropped dead. Ever around us is smiling and laughing. It was hilarious. the "harks" were seriuosly about 75 feet away from us!

10 comments:

Amiee said...

haha. How cute. It's so amazing how observant kids are sometimes!

Carly said...

so cute! riley's first words!
maybe he'll be a marine biologist! :)

Michelle C said...

oh that is awesome. i love what cute things they do!!

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

He is braver than I am! I hate sharks! Maybe he will be a Marine Biologist someday with his love for the sharks! He will never be afraid of swimming mpools and the "sharks" getting him. He must feel secure around creepy, mean marine life.

The Clews Crew said...

That is the cutest story. And he is so stinkin' cute. I love all the pictures.

Heather said...

What a cutie. Hope you both continue to enjoy the "Harks"

Hailey and Daniel said...

Sheena, that is sooo cute! Sorry I haven't written in so long, stupid computer. Riley has gotten so big! Glad to hear you are well! Love ya- Hailey

M&M!! said...

sooo cute! riley is growing so much! how is ryan liking school?

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

Just thinking aboutt he Shurtz family! How have you guys been?

Carly said...

sheena- seriously girl we want updates. loves