Monday, September 10, 2007
Academic Pursuit
I was asked recently if I was ready for my university education to resume. I replied in the affirmative. In that moment I realized that I was not prepared for my courses. I have no supplies, books, or a new bag to place them in. Also, I am not looking forward to standing in line to purchase books at the bookstore.
Which reminds me of our adventure at K-Mart and Albertson's. We probably would have headed over to Sam Waldon's Store of Savings, but I would rather eat chalk. This particular Saturday every freshmen and their parents flock to Wally World to stock up for the semester.
Contemplating the recent patience of The Better Half, we chose the alternative. As a result, we are up to Father Times hair line in cereal. There were sales for 10 boxen for $10 and 6 boxen for $10. We indulged in both and are enjoying the plethora of Post's and General Mills' goodness.
Have you ever heard of Box Top pirating? Apparently it is legal. You can spot the pirating parents chillin' by the displays at the front of the grocery store. They usually have sharp objects, all respectable pirates do. Once they spot a cereal grocer with one box or ten, they swoop in, demand Box Tops and slice them off, quickly retreating to their previous positions to poise themselves for their next conquest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment