Thursday, September 6, 2007

Wendy's Blunder

Today I took the boys out for lunch. To decide between Arby's and Wendy's, Cave had a "best two out of three" Japanese rock-paper-scissors (Jonkenpo) competition. The later of the two won. So, Wendy's it was. Upon seeing the menu, I had to sigh with sadness at the reminder that the $0.99 menu had all but disappeared. A year or so ago their prices rose to $1.19. Now they've crept to $1.29 for most of the "Value Menu" burgers and sandwiches. Anyway, we all ordered and received our JBC's. Then upon seeing the size I paused. The JBC had shrunk to the size of a dinner roll. Not only do they raise their prices they shrink my food. Doesn't the corporate have enough money? Couldn't they use that extra 20-30 cents to keep the JBC at its original appetite satisfying size? I appeal to reason. I propose that we solicit Chuck Norris to Round-House kick the Corporate geniuses who made the shrinking decision in the face at 1/6th strength to render them paralyzed instead of dead (A.K.A.: Chuck Norris disease). Can I get a second on the motion?

No comments: