Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Homer's House of Pain
I opened my school email account on Saturday to find a very surprising and welcomed email from THE Ohio State University School of Dentistry Admissions Director. I know, it's a mouth full. They invited me to an interview. Yes, I still have a chance at being a dentist and carrying the family legacy to its fourth generation.
My initial reaction was disbelief and then excitement. I felt like a ten year old who had just walked into the living room on Christmas morning to see the long awaited Huffy ten speed leaning on its chrome kick stand. I called family to let them know.
When The Better Half called her mother, she flipped out and started hunting for apartments. I think she drove the three hours to Columbus that night to check out a few of her hopefuls.
Just yesterday during a drive with my brother and his wife, we were thinking about different names for a store or shop or practice to open. The top two were Louisifer's, (purposely done in a bright red Neon sign) and Homer's House of Pain. Then again pain is a buzz word. Maybe we should alter the name a bit: Homer's House of Pressure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i like the names. i like the "pressure" name too. have you heard brian reagan talk about doctors? its funny. how about Ryan's Ripping Activities,"what is being ripped will be determined later" ;)
Post a Comment