Not a lot has been going on here. Some weeks I feel as though I have a million posts to write and some weeks I struggle and look back to see if anything happened worth writing. This past week Riley got his 4 month shots (I know a little late but his two months feel two days after Christmas so we waited) He was okay that day but didn't sleep which I thought was a little abnormal because last time he slept the day away. Anyway he woke up at 4:30 the morning after with a temperature of about 100F no big deal but I gave him Tylenol and it kept rising, finally it reached 102 almost 103 so I called the Doc we went in but he couldn't tell us anything but just wait it out. Ryan gave him a blessing it was amazing. I thought getting my own blessing when I need one was great but nothing compares to listening to a blessing for your baby. Anyway later that night his temp started going down especially after I gave him Motrin (that stuff really works!)I also got some much needed girl time last night. A couple of girls from the ward and I went to see "Enchanted" it was soooo cheesy but oh so cute(You're right Heather I wanted to sing afterwards!) Then we went and got cupcakes from the cupcake cafe( Carly I only ate half but that was still probably 15 points!)It was so fun and the best part was the my great husband put Riley to sleep. Also looking back on pics I can't believe how much my little boy has grown. As of yesterday he was almost 17 lbs and 26 and 1/2 inches tall. I am so grateful for my family and friends!
5 comments:
Ah, little Riley is so great. I'm glad his dad was able to give him a blessing-- aren't we so fortunate?!
Oh how scary. I'm glad his temp went down!! I'm so glad you had a girls night - what fun! I laughed when I read the 15 pts thing - oh so true!! I must agree with the "blessing your baby" comment - it is so amazing when your baby gets one!! So special. Glad you're doing well.
It's amazing how an adult or even older child can have a fever and it's not so stressful, but it sure is in one so small! I'm so grateful for a husband that can give a blessing, I know what you mean! Enjoy your girls nights-they really are a wonderful break!
Glad he's doing better. Going to enchanted was so much fun. I love girls night! And I love Ryan's birthday cake. It's great.
Scary! Poor baby! Glad to hear he's doing better. It just breaks your heart to watch them hurt doesn't it? Horay for Daddys who give blessings and for the ONE who can help them when there's really nothing we can do.
Post a Comment