Friday, April 25, 2008

Pet Names

I have let my blog be over run and turned into a communication form that has been questionably unhealthy. In light of this blogging metamorphosis I make a stand and post after a long absence. Interestingly I have noticed the massive amount of people who view our blog since it's conception last September and the names of 50+ friends and families that have been added by The Better Half to the "FRIENDS" listing. To all of you who view - listed or not I would like some feed back. We recently celebrated our 2-year Anniversary. Upon reflection of marriage, a inconspicuous by-product has come to light. Once married I was owned by another. This blissful bondage was chosen and welcomed. However, I became a pet. My evidence is the many names by which I have called:
  • Homy
  • Puppy
  • Pony
  • Honey
  • Babe
  • Ry

The list does go on. The most recent pet name intrigues me; mainly because I accept it. "Poo", yes poo. I think it evolved from 'Puppy' to a Latin accent pronunciation of the plural form: 'Puppies'. If you've seen Nacho Libre you know what I'm talking about. From there it was shortened to Poop then poo. This new name is used frequently. I do not think there is any malicious intent, but it is perplexing that I am okay with it. My question is to each of you bloggers. What weird names has your significant other created to claim ownership of you?

I'll be looking forward to your responses.

4 comments:

Carly said...

Shem calls me "Brains"... sarcastically. And he uses it allll the time, haha :)

Rheanna said...

Weird as this may sound, I don't think Justin calls me anything other than my name...I'll have to pay more attention, maybe I just don't notice :o)

Hailey and Daniel said...

Daniel calls me buttercup, it's kindof a joke because his brothers used to tease him and call him that, and once I used the phrase "button up buttercup" and he kinda freaked (this was while we were dating) so now he calls me that sometimes and attempts to sing the song from three amigos, it's pretty amusing I must say.

jeremy said...

jenn just calls me "jackass"