Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day... but not for Riley

Ryan surprised me this year. I LOVE surprises. We decided that we were going to celebrate Valentines a different day because Valentine's day we were getting our taxes done and last year it took like three hours. I kept asking Ryan when he wanted to do it but he kept saying "don't worry about it" but I did because I wanted to cook a nice dinner and have my gift ready. Well Wed. I went to go workout at 6 p.m. and when I came back at 7 he told me to get ready because someone was coming over. Well at 7:30 My brother and sister in law came over to watch Riley so Ryan and I could go out to eat. It was so great to getaway (thanks again guys!). Riley on the other hand did not appreciate us leaving . He cried a lot. I felt bad for them. They probably won't have kids for awhile now :) I didi get to cook a dinner on Valentine's day though because our taxes only took an hour!! Hooray, big difference from last year with no child to this year with one child-thank you U.S. government!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Way to go Ryan! Sometimes you husbands can really surprise us! Hope it was a great night for you two and don't worry, by the time Riley can talk, he will never remember how cruel his parents were.

Rach said...

amen to heather, way to go ryan! and sheena, my jeans are not my pre-married jeans...those are my next goal:)

Brian and Marilee said...

You are officially tagged so go to my blog for directions on what to do!

The Clews Crew said...

I totally know the feeling. We got a babysitter for Valentine's and Robby cried most of the time. I felt so bad.

Anonymous said...

Nice job Ry!

Isn't the government great about having kids.....that's the one thing that's really keeping me going since I'm doing our taxes this year myself. Ugh! Plus I gotta get it done so we can get out loan info figured out!