Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Rexburg Temple Dedication

It was so great to be living in Rexburg during this very special occasion. The temple was dedicated on Sunday. Ryan works at the temple doing custodial work so we were so BLESSED to get into the Celestial Room during the dedication!!!! I was so excited to think that I had a chance of meeting the prophet but he only stayed for the first two sessions and wasn't there at our session but that's ok. Elder Nelson and Elder Bednar were there. Anyway we got to the session late because they clsoed roads in Rexburg because of the traffic(don't ask me why this doesn't make sense) so we arrived late. We got to the Celestial Room and it looked full except for the front row!!! So they sat us in betwenn Sister Nelson and the First Presidency's Executive Secretary and his wife!! I felt out of place. When they walked in they kinda looked at us like???? Seriuosly people we sat in front of the Temple Presidency, Stake Presidents, and a bunch of others we were like in the family of the apostles seats.I wanted to say my husband cleans where you are putting your feet and I am the longest student that has ever stayed in Rexburg! We also had to use a tissue becuase we left our hankerchiefs so I am sure everyone in the room was thinking who let the ghettos sit on the front row??? It was an amazing experience though especially at the end when we all sang The Spirit of God. It was also very neat to sit less than five feet from two apostles.

4 comments:

A little Birdie... said...

I saw you during the broadcast! How neat for you to have that experience!

So I miss hanging out with you. Once I'm all recovered we should do something!

Jimliquid8 said...

They also should have felt honored sitting with you guys....I know I would have

Michelle C said...

That's wonderful, what an experience and a blessing. who watched little riley?

Anonymous said...

haha! We went to that session, but I don't think we recongnized you. I was wondering what session you were in! That outfit was so cute by the way thank you again! Too bad she exploded up the back of it an hour later! eek! Oh well... atleast we got pictures! Your little guy is dang cute himself... I just love the picture of him sucking his thumb! hehe.