Wednesday, November 12, 2008

background checks

A couple weeks ago I was calling around trying to find a workoutplace that had babysitting. Well as good things comes to those that wait (like a year after my baby was born) I found one and they actually offered me a job babysitting one day a week for 2 1/2 hours and I would get a FREE gym membership, FREE babysitting, and FREE workout classes!! Hot Dog!!! ( maybe not the word to use when starting to be more fit) Anywho.. I went to my first day of "work" and this is going to be great. It will just be me in a room with a couple kids and lots of toys and Disney movies. WRONG..there were a couple kids alright times a million just kidding maybe 20. But and a big BUT babies 6 weeks and older are aloud to come ..I don't like that rule so while you are taking care of 3 babies there are bigger kids fighting..geez I don't know how you multiple Mom's do it 0 maybe because they are not my own). So finally some guy walks in and announces that he will be there every week working with me..whew.. So I get there this week and my " coworker" has a do rag on his head (nothing against do rags) and a really fancy Ipodish thing over his ears... Oh great I am thinking I hope he is going to take those off , he does just to let me know that he is a musician and when he jams he also likes to smoke a little (and no I am not talking cigs people) well now how does my virgin lungs respond well ,..."hmm haha.umm so what else do you do??" Then he says " don't worry it is not like I come buzzed or anything." " oh dear what a relief but instead I say..." hmm,haha,ummm so what else do you do?" and no there are no background checks at this place so now I wouldn't say I have FREE babysitting anymore.

5 comments:

Miriam Lusk said...

bahaha! That is so funny! Remind me never to leave Adney at a gym day care.

The Robisons said...

Oh Sheena....hahaha!!!! Columbus is GHETTO...and I say that b/c I used to live there and I will NEVER live there again...hahaha!!! (Honestly, some places are really nice...but not too many) I hope that things get a little better!

Harris Family said...

How scary! I love your story though! At least you have a free gym membership!

Darcy said...

That stinks :0( My gym membership is 14 a month with FREE babysitting. There are two different ladies that work there. It is GREAT!!! I love it. I get about 40 hours of babysitting a month for 14 dollars can't beat that plus I get to work out!

Ashley Webb said...

Wow!! That's so funny, because I work at the YMCA (doing the childwatch) and I get a free gym membership and babysitting too! Except the place I work at is really fun and there are a ton of great workers. I can't imagine it being me and some crazy wasted guy. Wow... good luck with that.